Tuesday 22 August 2017

Ripon Cathedral from the River Skell




Dear Johnnie, more meat, please. John left school at age 14 to work in his father's butchers shop. Late in his long life, he recorded some of his memories from when he was young. Of starting work and joining the family business he said :

"I remember wanting to go into the Omnibus business when I was a lad. No doubt if I had any brothers, no doubt I should have done, but being an only son I had to follow in my father's footsteps. By doing so I pleased him and enabled him to die happy. I am positive that I have gained by doing so."

March 3rd 1905 was a Friday.


Wildt & Kray   (1903-1915)
15 Lensden Place, London, England

A publisher of a wide variety of postcard types. These included many view-cards that were artist drawn. Those from Ireland sometimes had shamrock borders. They also produced many real photo cards, sepia art reproductions, greeting cards, depictions of dogs, and people in the form of vegetables. These cards were manufactured in England. Reinthal & Newman printed many cards with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

A postcard from India

  A postcard from Charley Tidy to one of his aunt's from Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India . The postcard is dated 23rd April 1908 but has no...

Postcard locations